Ultrapower Underwater Strobe Head with Diffuser
- Depth Rating: 197'
- 25 Watt-Sec Power Rating, GN 66'/ISO 100
- Coverage Angle: 90°
- Color Temperature: 5700K
- 5 Pre-Flash Settings, Slave Function
- Output Levels: 20-100%
- Runs on 4 AA Alkaline/NiMH Batteries
- Durable Polycarbonate Housing
- Isolated Battery Chamber Controls Leaks
- Diffuser Widens Coverage, Softens Light
- Safe to use at a maximum depth of 197'. The battery compartment cap is secured via double o-ring seal as is the main body of the housing which also has a gasket as an enhanced barrier against water penetration. To eliminate possible leakage through the housing, Ultramax has used a simple reed switch controlled by a powerful external magnet. The battery compartment is completely isolated from the electronics in order to prevent water damage to the strobe if the compartment is accidentally opened or batteries are changed when the unit is still wet from a dive.
- Guide Number
- Features a GN of 66' at ISO 100 on land.
- Power Rating
- Features a power rating of approximately 25 watt-sec.
- Offers a coverage angle of 90°, which is 50% wider than Ultramax's previous model and can be increased to 100° using the supplied diffuser. The diffuser also softens the light to prevent backscatter, glare, and hard shadows.
- Color Temperature
- Daylight-balanced at 5700K.
- Modes and Triggering
- Offers manual exposure control. There are 5 pre-flash settings to synchronize with the built-in flash of most digital compact cameras. Choose from 5 power/brightness output levels ranging from 20-100%. The strobe also has slave functionality, allowing it to be triggered by the firing of another flash. An optional Fiber Optic Cable Kit (#UXDS-FOC) is also available.
- LED Indicators
- There are five LEDs that indicate power level, along with a green LED power ready light featuring a blinking function that indicates low battery.
- Runs on 4 AA alkaline or NiMH batteries, which are available separately.
- Construction Details
- Durable housing made of corrosion-resistant polycarbonate.
- Standard YS connector for attachment to a lighting arm with a YS mount, such as Ultramax's UXFA-1 or UXFA-2 Flex Arm. This arm can then be mounted onto their UXST-1 single or UXST-2 dual lighting arm tray or another tray with standard T-1 connectors. These trays also give you a mounting point for your camera housing and provide improved handling and balance beneath the water's surface.
|Configuration||Strobe head only|
|Guide No.||66' / 20 m at ISO 100 on land|
|Power Rating||Approx. 25 watt-sec|
100° with supplied diffuser
|Depth Rating||197' / 60 m|
|Flash Modes||5 pre-flash settings to synchronize with camera's built-in flash
5 power/brightness output levels from 20-100%
|Fiber Optic Connector||Optional Fiber Optic Cable Kit (#UXDS-FOC)|
|Color Temperature||5700 K|
|Recycle Time||Approx. 3.0 sec with fresh alkaline batteries|
|Flashes||Approx. 150 with alkaline batteries|
|Indicators||5 LEDs for power level
Green LED power ready light with blinking function for low battery
|Connector||Standard YS connector|
|Power||Runs on 4 AA alkaline or NiMH batteries (not included)|
|Switch||Magnetic on/off switch|
|Material of Construction||Polycarbonate housing
Thermo-elastomer gasket seal
|Dimensions||6.9 x 3.9 x 3.9" / 175 x 100 x 100 mm|
|Weight||1.5 lb / 0.7 kg without batteries|
- Limited 1-Year Warranty